Skip to content
Record Tiger 13- 13...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Record Tiger 13- 13 ft 6 inch??

Page 1 / 2
snappersniffer
(@snappersniffer)
Eminent Member

So my gf and I hit the beach around dark with a few rays for bait. It was an action less night with both of us actually passing out till the clicker on the tiagra 80w went off around 12:30. After hooking up it was a solid 1 to 1 1/2 hour fight, eventually seeing the spots and noticing it was my first and biggest west coast tiger! I marked the length with a rope but ended up losing the rope :/ so I'm only guessing the length from 13 to 13 1/2 ft

Topic starter Posted : 07/03/2014 3:26 pm
Batrayz
(@batrayz)
Prominent Member

Earnie holds it for land based (epolk username) I believe it is around 1075lbs, but I'm not sure.

It's a carcaradon carcharias. It's a great white shark.

Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him.

I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Batrayz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2014 4:04 pm
Batrayz
(@batrayz)
Prominent Member

Earnie holds it for land based (epolk username) I believe it is around 1075lbs, but I'm not sure.

It's a carcaradon carcharias. It's a great white shark.

Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him.

I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Batrayz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2014 4:05 pm
snappersniffer
(@snappersniffer)
Eminent Member

Any idea of the length? I tried messaging epolk but it said it was an invalid username. ..thanks for the reply

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/04/2014 4:21 pm
lowprofile
(@lowprofile)
Reputable Member

land based record is by Alberto Zertuche.

total length - 150" (12'6")
Fork length - 134" (11'2")
estimated weight - 967lbs

Joeys was 12'9" overall and 10' 8" fork length. estimated at 949lbs

Earnies was 11'9" overall and 9'8" fork estimated at 928lbs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2014 11:08 pm
snappersniffer
(@snappersniffer)
Eminent Member

Thanks for the info... who do you contact when you think you may have a record fish?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/05/2014 12:43 am
lowprofile
(@lowprofile)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the info... who do you contact when you think you may have a record fish?

what did you get?

submit here.
http://www.landbasedsharkfishing.com/

there may or may not be a 15fter being entered soon. depending if the pics and measurements are of good enough quality.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2014 9:50 am
snappersniffer
(@snappersniffer)
Eminent Member

A pretty good tiger..measurements were rough cuz it was just me and my gf fishing but it was 13' 6"

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/05/2014 10:02 am
lowprofile
(@lowprofile)
Reputable Member

A pretty good tiger..measurements were rough cuz it was just me and my gf fishing but it was 13' 6"

for a record you need exact measurement, total length, fork and girth with quality pics to prove them. you going to post a report?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2014 10:15 am
snappersniffer
(@snappersniffer)
Eminent Member

Well I'm an idiot...at the time I wasn't thinking it could be a record, I assumed since tigers get a lot bigger it was too small. I only got the rough total length and some pics, no girth or fork length. Guess I learned for next time!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/05/2014 11:06 am
lowprofile
(@lowprofile)
Reputable Member

[list=]

Well I'm an idiot...at the time I wasn't thinking it could be a record, I assumed since tigers get a lot bigger it was too small. I only got the rough total length and some pics, no girth or fork length. Guess I learned for next time!

It's ok, the hammer record has been beat over a dozen times and the bullshark record has been very close. None of them were submitted. It's not a big deal, the same people will remember your catch by sharing it here than if you made it in the books.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2014 10:44 pm
william
(@william)
Member Admin

WOW !!! :o :o :o that is a massive tiger.A big congratultions. :o :o

SOUTH FLORIDA SHARK CLUB -President SFSC-Founding Member est 1983 SFSC-Website Administrator BIG HAMMER SHARK TOURNAMENT -Founder Rene Memorial Sharkathon -Founder NMFS Shark Tagger

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2014 4:44 pm
topwater dm
(@topwater-dm)
Honorable Member

Nice big Tiger with one hell of a set of jaws.....congrats....Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2014 7:25 pm
southgeorgiasharkers
(@southgeorgiasharkers)
Estimable Member

jesus, that is a huge tiger

"It's all about the presentation"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2014 9:27 pm
e polk
(@e-polk)
Prominent Member

That's a bigun. It looks more like 11'/12' to me. We caught a 12'5" last week and it's mouth looks bigger than that one. It's hard to tell though. Nice fish congratulations. We have two tigers on the international land based shark fishing site. Mine was 929 lbs. Joey beat it out with a 948lb. Girth on mine was 80". Girth on joeys was 77". Joeys measurements are bigger than zertucho's. The fork length of a tiger is 78%!of it's total. Something on that fish ant quite right. The fork measurement is what the weight is taken from. A lot of times tigers approaching 13' have a darker color and lack the pretty stripes. And is covered in scars. Nice looking fishin hole ya got there. Advertise and they will come.

Land Based World Record #5 short fin Mako 700lbs
Team
Land Based World Record #8 Tiger shark 928lbs
True
Land Based World Record #9 Tiger shark 949lbs
Blue
SFSC Panhandle Events Coordinator

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/11/2014 3:14 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: